Wednesday 24 November 2010

My Special Lil Boy is 2 now!

And we are one step closer to getting an appointment.

Last week we got a phone call from the paediatric consultant we had been referred to at the hospital clinic. She basically said she was happy with the other paediatricians assessment, and if it was OK with us, instead of having an appointment with her which would have the same outcome, she would just go ahead and refer us for an MRI and then refer us to the community paediatrician so we can get physical therapy going quicker.

So I guess that is as close as we are getting to an "official" diagnosis right now. I hope we get to see the community paediatrician soon, I want to see what they have to say. And I want physical therapy for my lil boy ASAP. From talking to other parents, he really should have been diagnosed at his 8 month check-up, so it feels like we are a year behind on his therapy. But I am also hopeful, because other parents have such good things to say about how much physical therapy has helped.

I continue to encourage him to use his right hand, and I get rewarded with occasional examples of improvement. I know with the right help, he will do very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment